Sunday, November 25, 2007

MUCH STUFF IN THE CLOSET - Who is it for?

It is always amazing to me how God works and prepares our hearts.

On Saturday night as I climb in the bed under the covers, a thought cross my mind and I spoke it out loud for my daughter to hear. What if it wasn't warm in the bed? How awful a feeling to be cold during the night. I felt so blessed to have such a warm bed, goose down comforter - pillow top and all. The thought didn't leave me for quite a while. How sad... night time... in bed ... cold.

This afternoon during the course of a lively conversation, waking up cold during the night came up. It was told to me just as I had felt it the evening before. No one said anything. Of course you know what I did. We had a couple of extra bedding sets in the closet...
Tonight, someone will not wake up because of the cold. Someone will snuggle up in a nice warm comforter and sleep tight.

Here is how it all comes together. For the last few months I have been very bothered by the stuff in our closets. I didn't want to just get rid of it, I needed direction. And it came. So we have been giving it away, one big storage tote at a time. Some things we felt to keep... Can't wait to see who they are for!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Catherine. You know what? You have made my HEART warm by your kind acts toward some needy people. You made it possible for "Jesus" to be warm tonight since you gave someone your bedding. God bless you! I LOVE hearing stories like this.
Tena

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Tena.

Anonymous said...

Petit bonjour en passant. Belle photo !

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Merci pour la visite! Cette photo est au port de Morro Rock l'été dernier.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Catherine...

Anonymous said...

Bonne et heureuse année 2008 !

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Merci! De même!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Catherine! May God bless you and your family this year and use you greatly in His Kingdom! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy New Year!

Shirley Buxton