Friday, November 23, 2007

COLD NIGHT - Warm heart

The day after Thanksgiving, my daughter always puts up Christmas lights. White ones. She'll staple "icicles" all around the edge of the roof. Single strands will go on the top of the fence, in a couple of small trees like stars and on the play house to outline the roof. It makes it looks like a fairyland. This year she bought a few strands of "snow flakes".

A short while ago she plugged in the outdoor extension and laid the lights network on the grass. Just then, BunBuns came from the darkness and took a pose right there. It was so cute!!! I didn't have a chance to get a picture though. But I'll remember forever how beautiful he looked. His fat white belly, his ears erected at attention and his round hind parts with a little bit of tail showing. He sat just a few seconds but how special that was. I know, I'm a hopeless nature lover, and I love it !!!

She needs me. More staples.
Wow!!! It is nippy outside! Great!!! We do no get snow here, but I love some cold weather. You can see your breath ... you have to get the sweaters, scarves and the big jackets out ... you get to curl up with a warm throw ... make hot tea or chocolate ... bake everything ... it's winter time !
It's been a good day, thank you Lord for a special finishing touch.

P.S. Right when she was done and ready to come in, all the lights went out. Guess we'll have to look at it tomorrow.

Well, this the next day, Saturday. We checked the lights - blown strands.So we went to the store to buy several new ones. Ended up the snowflakes were causing the problem and blowing fuses over and over again.


So no snowflakes. No lights on the play house either. Too bad, it was really pretty. Not a complaint, just a fact. I am thankful for what we have and I love the way it looks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter did a great job on the lights. They look beautiful!