Wednesday, November 14, 2007

SHOWCASE - Fit for a King


This little Bower's Vine is the delight of bumble bees. They go way deep, brushing against all that little fuzzy stuff, right at the entrance of the deep rose colored gorge where the treasured nectar hides . I watch from a few inches away, and the big girls disappear in there! And every time, I am still fascinated. They back out and go to the next stop. They never visit the same flower twice in a row! At least in one sitting, and I cannot tell them apart.
This was not the case for this other small wonder. All summer long, butterflies visited BunBun's "kingdom" (9/29/07-The molting rabbit). Viewing the photos of the same kind of butterfly in a large format, I noticed a small notch missing from the right wing. This too, amazes me.
Take a look at these two pictures (8/28/07-Dried... ) in this blog, and (11/06/07-God's...) in " Looking in". Quite a survivor this little fellow!
Observing nature always makes me think of it's Creator. I delight in His work and I want Him to delight in me.

No comments: