Tuesday, July 22, 2008

FENDER BENDER - Better coverage

Monday, I never look forward to Mondays. I like to spend time at home, linger. But everybody has to make a living!
So I was on the road, almost at my destination.
I was driving easy, going thru Canyon Lake and coming to a stop when, BAM!!! Everything went crashing in the car, CDs flying, the sunroof opened - I had been hit. When I got out of the car and saw the vehicle behind me, I thought that mine would look the same. The whole front end was on the ground, lights hanging etc... the young lady appeared shook up. Then behind her was the culprit, a third party, a small truck, teenagers driving too fast, not paying attention to traffic. They had hit her and propelled her unto me. When I finally looked at the back of the Camry, WHAT? I could not see any real damage. A closer look revealed deep scratches on the bumper and a small indent. Nothing to speak of. I was astonished. When someone took pictures, they could not believe it. It didn't seems possible that THIS car was in THAT accident! But it was! I was driving it!
After complying with the police officer, I was on my way.
Don't tell me that God does not work miracles! Both vehicles looked pretty bad - not mine. Thank you Lord for your protection. I'm glad I had spent plenty of time with my Friend earlier in the day... The young lady had said to me " I want a car like yours", but I know it was the Coverage that made the difference.

15 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Great post. Thank God for His protection plan.

Alice said...

WOW, I serve an awsome GOD!
Alice

Anonymous said...

I won't tell you that God does not work miracles, of course. If he/she/it did not, who would ? But don't you think that car builders also make good cars ? :-)

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Pastor,
There are things that money can't buy. The protection of God is one of them.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Alice,
I'm glad to know you at His service!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Howdy Cowboy,

Welcome to the West! Thank you for taking the time to comment as I know you a very busy these days.

Well, God is my everything. That includes my Protector. Yes, car makers make good cars and better cars. In this case - ready for it? The lady behind me drove a Toyota too, and newer than mine. Sometimes you just have to stop and give Him all the glory!

BTW - When you and the family ride on this side of the world, it would be an honor to meet you all.

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes you just have to stop", you say. CORRECT ! You know what ? I didn't. Let me explain :
A few weeks ago, I had a car accident myself and the car was badly damaged (it is still being repaired). Actually, I... uh... failed to... uh... give way at a stop sign. Mind you, I have excuses... I was drunk (well, I'm kidding of course).
After reading you I am now considering that the severe damages to the car might be a consequence of the fact that I am not a very good Christian. :-)
All the best to you.
C.

PS Meeting you would be MY and OUR pleasure and certainly a great honor. Unfortunately, the nearest places to Orange Oounty we shall stay at will be Three Rivers near Sequoia National Park, Lone Pine and Las Vegas.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Cowboy,

There is always room for improvement if we are open to it :).

BTW Sequoia National Park is awesome! Love it.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine,
I love stories of how the Lord protects His own. We have insurance in this life but He is the one that offers us the assurance that all will be well. Just trust in Him.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Karen,
I know I'm up late - it happens... more often than I would like. But during the course of this evening, I felt drawn to trust God more than ever. It all started Monday morning while I was still at home. I will post about it soon - not quite ready yet.
Blessings

Carol Connell said...

Praise God for His hand of protection on you and the car! What an awesome God we serve.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Oui, Gloire à Dieu!

Anonymous said...

God blesses us because of our faithfulness and obedience to Him, not our perfection ('cause we're NOT!).

Catherine, you are a giving person. Giving of finances, time, love, compassion, etc. God blessed you for that. I do believe so.

Love you! LOVED MEETING YOU IN PERSON LAST WEEK! I'll post our photo on my blog soon.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sis Tena,

Thank you for your kind words.

I agree with you about God's blessings - none of us deserve them. But if we do our part, He will do His!

Likewise, it was a pleasure giving a hug at Camp Meeting. You are as sweet as I thought :)

Love you too!

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

So Glad the hand of God's devine protection was on you. I wish I could of met you at Camp. Next time!! God is good all the time.
love you and glad you are ok..