Thursday, July 17, 2008

10 YEARS OLD - Happy Birthday Jacob

Jacob,
What do you say about a boy like you? Some of your favorite things are reading, playing word games, talking about articles from the National Geographic, discussing facts and scientific stuff, Bible truths, making up jokes and play on words - brain stuff !!!



Do you remember that day at Denny's? Tati, Trevor and you had a "hangman" tournament - I took turns coloring with Samuel.
I love to see your beaming smile. You are an amazing boy!!!
You surprised me so much the other day working on a crossword puzzle in Discover magazine. That's grown up material !!! I'm not ashamed to say that you knew more answers than me. I love it! We've got to work on that one some more. You love going to the zoo, visiting historical places. But let's not forget Legos - that still a boy's fun toy. Your Daddy and Tonton grew up on it.
Thank you for always lending a helping hand - we call it work LOL but you really enjoy it. Don't grow up to fast my love, it will happen by itself. Keep God and His Word in the forefront of you thoughts, talk to Him of your dreams and trust in Him for you needs. I know, it's a bit "grown up" but you are big enough inside.
When your mother was in the hospital for 3 months and you stayed with me, we worshipped the Lord everyday,you would raise your hands. Your first word was "LAH" for hallelujah - precious.
My prayer for you is that God's hand will be on you and that you would serve Him always.
I love you Jacob André Roseberry,
Grandmaman

5 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

HAPPY B-DAY!!! Wow, you're now a part of the youth group SURGE.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Birthday Jacob.

Carol Connell said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob! It sounds like you have a great relationship with your grandson. That's priceless.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Pastor,
Thank you for the comment.
Grand children just grow up way too fast!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Karen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Carol,
You are right.
"L'argent n'apporte pas le bonheur!"