Monday, June 30, 2008

CHANGES - What next?


After a very short illness, Crystal's paternal grandmother passed away last Tuesday. 3 months was all she had since the diagnose in March. The last few weeks, the whole family moved in and stayed by her bedside around the clock.
Much of my spare time was either on the phone with my daughter, or there with her.It seems I went days without even opening my laptop.
Drastic changes on my job required much time and effort to implement new routines. Many nights with only a couple of hours of sleep was not what I had in mind for "changes" in my life.
Then ice cream, hoagie rolls, french bread and chocolate became staples in my diet, along with bottled Frappuccinos.

But change is coming!

To be continued...

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Sorry to hear about Crystal's loss. Life can get quite hectic, particularly in the job environment. But your words, "But change is coming" made me think of the old song, "Waiting for my change to come..." One of these days!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Karen, Crystal is dealing with this loss the best she can. Just hope she will open up to God about it.
Oh yes, God's children's day is coming!

Just a thought said...

So sad to hear of the loss of close family, this is a real hurt. Yet, remember the hope of change. When those worms have had my temple for lunch, yet I will see my Redeemer in flesh, my paraphrase.

Good luck with all the changes at your job.

Mervi
http://passthisway.blogspot.com/

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Mervi,

Never heard anyone paraphrase this way. But it made me smile and stand straight up on the inside!

BTW - The job has settled down. God knows how to take care of our needs!