Tuesday, May 27, 2008

JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR... And some...

I needed a few cups and saucers for a special project. Samuel and I made a quick stop at the second hand store to search for tea cups. In no time, we came out with some very nice finds.

These were just what I was looking for. I was thankful.
Three were put to use that day, the blue one is in my cabinet for now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On Tuesday I had made a stop before getting home from work, and picked up a different kind of "finds".

Stater Bros had these huge sweet strawberries. After service Wednesday night, Crystal and I felt like a bowl of cereal with some of those luscious fruits. She poured cereal, milk, washed a few srawberries, cut them up, place them on top and stirred the whole thing. I came right behind her and repeated the same actions except, when I picked up the biggest strawberry, there was something shiny - plastic? No, wings!!!
I love dragonflies, grew up with myriads of them in the summer time, but not in my strawberries! This is just about the actual size of these enormous fruits.

7 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Nice assortment of cups. Using a variety of styles and colors is so much fun. And the strawberries - yummy. We live by strawberry fields in Santa Maria valley and go to the fields' stands to pick them up. Your pic makes me hungry for some more.

Just a thought said...

I have collected several different cups over the years. The ones from China are the ones that have generated the most interest and comments. The ones I have are not real ornate, but they have tops or lids. The purpose is to keep the tea hot longer.

Pass the ice cream and the strawberries!!

Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sis Karen,
I like tea in a nice cup and I like to change. Growing up, we had tea every afternoon - at night, herb tea.
Lets eat strawberries, they are good for you!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Mervi,

That's interesting that you have collected cups, any pictures? Real "China" cups are superb!
Those new 2 deckers ones, combo pot/cup, are great to make enough for seconds and keep the tea hot.

Ouch! I've indulged in ice cream too much lately!

Carol Connell said...

I love nice tea cups like the ones you found. They help to make a tea party a lot of fun. I think if I found a dragonfly on my strawberry, I'd lose my appetite for a while. I love this time of year though, when the fruit stands are open and you can buy some delicious fruit. My husband brought some cherries the other day that are out of this world.

Bon appetit,

Carol

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Bonjour Carol,
I haven't had cherries this year yet. Any day now! I think they are my favorite summer fruit. But then, peaches, apricots, raspberries, blackberries... they are all delicious freshly picked!

Au revoir,

Catherine

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeyyyyuuuu!
This is why we always wash our fruit before eating it! You might have gotten some unwanted protein there, Catherine! Ha!