Sunday, August 5, 2007

WHALE WATCHING - Keep your eyes on the Rock

Last week, my daughter and I took a short vacation in Morro Bay. One thing we wanted to do for sure, was to go whale watching. This is the time of the year when they feed in these parts of the coast. We took tablets to prevent motion sickness and on to the boat we went. The swells were pretty good, very little wind, some fog. I will tell you that we did see whales, a mother and her calf feeding. And did we have a show! These creatures are most graceful. They were slapping their tails and spewing from their spouts. We were also entertained by a band of seals acting like dolphins, lots of otters, even a family with a pup, and several comical sea lions. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. But my daughter Crystal did get sea sick (along with half of the people on the boat). The skipper said he wasn't too surprised, not much of a horizon to focus on.

Isn't it like living for Jesus? You've got to keep your eyes focused on Him. Sometimes it's so foggy you cannot see where you 're going, you can't even feel Him. But He is here. His Words is here. The ups and the downs of life can make you feel "seasick". Look ahead, don't look down at your feet that's where the dirt is.

Too much fog in Morro Bay to keep our eyes on the Morro Rock. It's never too foggy to keep our eyes on the Rock of Ages.

4 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

Thankfully, we can always keep our eyes on the Rock of Ages no matter what we're going through in life.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Pastor, thank you for the comment.

Crystal Newvine said...

Never will I go on a boat again:). Even though I got sick it was well worth it. The whales were awsome. That is one memory I will not forget.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Crystal,
Like you said, at least you weren't too sick to see anything, An I agree with you, it was great!!!
I tell you one more thing, I'l never forget the drive home. It wasn't funny, but it's a good memory.
I love you.