Tuesday, August 21, 2007

THE BODY - 1+?=1

I have a cup, a mug to be exact, in my kitchen cupboard. It dates of several years ago when I managed an account for AT&T at the infancy of it's partnership with Lucent Technology. In other words, I've had it for a long time.
On one side of it is a picture of a large sail boat, the crew each at their post, working the winds. Each one is needed. Each was chosen to be on board.
On the other side is a quote: "Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to produce uncommon results".
I've always loved that quote, I didn't know there was more to it. It reads like this:

Teamwork is the ability
To work together
Towards a common vision.

The ability to direct
Individual accomplishments
Towards organizational objectives.

It is the fuel that allows
Common people to obtain
Uncommon results.
(Mac Anderson - Simple Truth)

It may be an old quote, old story for some, but it still is true. Each one is a part and becomes part of the whole. Sounds a lot like the Church to me. All members in particular, part of ONE, the Body. So, how many can you add to one to make ONE? As many as the Lord has called. It takes all of us to make a whole.

Ephesians 4:16 "From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted BY THAT WHICH EVERY JOINTS SUPPLIETH, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto edifying of itself in love". KJV

2 comments:

Alice said...

This is so true. I enjoyed reading your blog. Check my blog www.catsmeow150@blogspot.com
Sis Alice

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Come again!
I'm going to you site right now!