Monday, March 3, 2008

GOD'S FAMILY - One more sister


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mary and Crystal ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In February, we went to Ladies Conference in Visalia. Crystal and I took Mary as our guest. She really was our guest of honor. It was our privilege to take her. She was beaming. When we first arrived at the Marriott Hotel, Mary kept looking and saying "Look at all the Apostolic Pentecostal Women!" and then "There's more coming!".
By the time we went to bed, I said to her "Alright, quit talking about the Apostolic Pentecostal Women, you are one of them!". And she is!
Let me back up a little. When Mary received the Holy Ghost a year ago, the Lord impressed on my heart to take her to the Ladies Conference.
Last month I felt to give her money to by whatever she would like to take on the trip. It has been an absolute joy to watch her bloom right before our eyes. She bought skirts, jackets, sweaters, blouses, vests, boots and all that a lady needs to be a lady.
Crystal invited her to choose a purse out of her closet before we left, and Mary picked a small black leather one.
Our stay in the hotel room was just delightful - we laughed until we could not laugh any more. Our guest slept like a baby - rose up early - made coffee with the bottle of Evian water - and woke us up "It's 7:30!" - "It's okay Mary, we have the alarm set". We took naps, went shopping, ate out, hung out with the ladies from our church - we had a blast with an Apostolic Pentecostal Woman!
When the caterpillar emerges from the cocoon, now a butterfly, it's the process - everything was there - only a matter of time.
Our sister was going thru changes on the inside, it was time for her wings to show.
God is the Master of changes, the Maker of new things, the Creator of beauty. He and He alone can transform, because first, He formed.

19 comments:

bernice rios said...

Thanks for your burden for Mary. I love to see are babies grow and Mary is a delight to be around. We did have a great time at Ladies Conference. Love Ya.

Sis. Sabrina said...

The highlight for me was watching a new babe in Christ. It was awesome we as Christians take so much for granted. The power of God was strong it was a great time spending with my sisters.
Im very gratefullGod provided a way for me to go
Sabrina

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Bernice,

It's such a blessing to be part of God's work, and souls are what it's all about. And fun? Yes, fun too!

I love you too Sis.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sabrina,
You are so right, we should never be so used to the power of God that we become nonchalant about entering in His presence.
I am so glad we all went and I appreciated to fellowship tremendously.
BTW Thank you for all you do.
God bless you.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine,
What a beautiful post. It is so touching. God bless you for your unselfishness, and your love for those who have come out of darkness, into this marvelous light.

Anonymous said...

O Sis what a wonderful post. Mary is such a wonderful person.
Thank you for taking the time to work with her, it is the smallest things that people can do to help mold us into the women GOD wants us to be.

Love you
Sis Beka

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sister Karen,

Thank you.
I remember coming "Into His Marvelous Light".
Over the years I asked the Lord to bless me so I could give, be a blessing to the Ministry and bless others. He has been faithful - I want to be faithful.

~~~~~~~~~~


Sis Beka,

Wish you could have come with us. Next year, Lord willing.
For sure we'll never get any sleep :)

Anonymous said...

What a splendid story and a revealing of your heart.

Blessings,

shirley buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.cm

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Sister Buxton.
This morning I was reminded of a song God gave to me. It really was a prayer, a request to be a vessel of usage, to work in His fields. That was a long time ago, many years.
He does hear and answer.
God bless you and Brother Buxton richly.

Carol Connell said...

That's a neat testimony about Mary. It's always wonderful to see new converts grow and emerge and come out of the cocoon. May God bless you for the blessing you are being in Mary's life.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, uplifting post. Thanks so much for sharing. Oh, the joy of discipling. May there be many more, in Jesus' name! Love you.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hi Sis Tena,

At Ladies Conference, Mary got a hold of something and she's not letting go!

Tracie Smith said...

Exciting! Ladies Conf in Texas is always so much fun spending time with just "us girls". It is truly more fun when spent with a new convert. We take so much for granted. You've challenged me to take someone with me in April.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Well Sister Smith, I am glad that you feel challenged. It will be a tremendous blessing for "her" and for you. Then maybe someone else will feel challenged... and then maybe...
April is just around the corner, have a great, refreshing, wonderful time! And let us know!
I enjoy your blog very much.

Jewel said...

This is what it is all about, Catherine. How exciting it is to disciple new converts, hm? The Lord bless you as you continue to encourage Mary and help her grow in her relationship with the Lord!

Mark Pryor said...

Catharine,

I'm glad you took someone with you who might not have been able to go, if not for you. I know it was an incredible blessing to her to have the opportunity to go and to you being able to see her enjoy and be blessed by it.

Well, we'll have some more new ones by next year.. :-)

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hi Jewel,
Mary is doing so good, I thank God for her desire to live for Him. She is growing and it blesses me.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Yes Pastor! I believe we'll have new ones next year!
It was a blessing for all of us to have Mary come along. She made great strides during those few days.
She is one very funny lady.

Anonymous said...

Dear Catherine,

What a lovely post! Obviously you are finding many blogging friends. I will always be a blogging friend to you.

Luv,
Skittles, The Huntress

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Wow Skittles, it's nice of you to leave a word. I see your page, you have lots of Frrrrrriends.
I know I should at least let you know once in a while that I come over. I like your trips - you always have fun!
Aren't you glad the weather is so nice here in California? I have friends in France, old and wet there.
My rabbit still tries to make nice with the big kitty next door - but He comes for is the birds and sleep.
Wish he was friendly like you.
God bless you and your "family".