Tuesday, January 8, 2008

BIRTHDAY - I love you son, I love you

Yesterday was my youngest son's birthday. Alan-Jean Blue Roseberry. When he was born, my best friend said it was an adventurer's name. Jean is John in french. It has caused some funny situations! I was unaware - 31 years ago - that it is a girl's name in english. Well, he is A.J. to many and Mr Blue has popped up here and there. To his older brother's children, he is Tonton.
He was off to a challenging start health wise, within a few weeks - and nearly died a few months later. Then other handicaps came his way.
In elementary school, Mrs. Zimmerman was a remarkable teacher. She said to me: These a big hurdles, but once he gets over them, they will be no holding him back. She was right. Some of his challenges, handicaps, are strong points now. I thank God for helping him. I didn't walk with God yet, but His hand was already upon him.
He is not living for the Lord, at the moment. But in the past, he did. And I know that God is not done.

≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈

≈♡≈♡≈≈♡≈♡≈Alan-Jean and Nancy - New Year's Day♡≈♡≈♡≈♡≈

Can I encourage you and tell you that whatever God starts, He will finish. Each of us has the power of choice - we are free will creatures. Bro Stoneking preaches "Love slaves". It is a personal decision to go under the potter's hand or not. No one can be forced or stopped. In the mean time, God never stops reaching for those who have strayed away.
Faith can move mountains, faith believes when no one else does, faith is looking through God's eyes, unconditional love. God loves each of us enough to go to Calvary. That gives me enough faith to see my son back in church, it is God's will!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Faith DOES move mountains, Catherine. Keep believing and let God supply the miracle.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Amen.

Carol Connell said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Alan! I do agree with your last 4 words. It is God's will. Keep holding on to faith.

Blessings,

Carol Connell

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Sister Carol
Alan-Jean and his wife like the picture. They were married at the beach a little over 2 years ago and their engagement picture was just about the same except with white clothing.
I'm holding on to God's promises "you and your household".