Friday, October 12, 2007

MEMORIES OF ANOTHER PLACE, ANOTHER TIME - Still the same after all these years.

♥En francais...
Back in August, I wrote a little story about carefree days in Switzerland. I thought it would be nice to show the river Thièle lined by beautiful poplars. Quite a change between summer time and winter. The swans stay all year round. In the winter season,
they move in town and live on the river banks under the main bridge. They are protected and add much charm to the area.
It's solid ice. But not for skating. They have outdoor skating rinks.
My mother always talked about how during very cold winters, the edges of the Lake of Neuchâtel would freeze up in waves. Well... it's pretty close. I am well adapted!!!
The pictures are from 2005 "La Matelote" - Sailing club - Yverdon - Switzerland. www.lamatelote.ch
♥Pour mes amis de langue française.
Il ya quelque mois, j' avais écrit une petite histoire à propos des peupliers dans la ville d'Yverdon et ses environs. Le vent (qui souffle la plupart du temps) produit un son distinct dans le feuillage frémissant. Les photos sont de ce petit coin. Une amie me dit que les memoires sont un trésor impuisable. Nous pouvons revivre ces moments et les visiter aussi souvent que l'on désire.

6 comments:

Alice said...

It's funny to see the frozen river. My first thought was "I wonder if you could skate or walk on it." Then I read your comment "NOT FOR SKATING" LOL
Sis Alice

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

You can walk on it, it's thick.
It reminds me, one year in France, The barges of coal and such got stuck in the frozen river and we walked across instead of going way over to the next bridge. Today, I would probably "chicken out". Kids have no fear!

Diane Dehler said...

You have a beautiful spirit.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you for leaving a comment.

Anonymous said...

Catherine, I love reading on your site, although I don't get over here as much as I should. Your pictures are beautiful, and I love to hear you speak of your garden.

Ice, winter and snow? I love it. This picture is astonishing.

Be blessed always.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sister Buxton,

Thank you for the kind comment. I am delighted that you find enjoyment on my site.
When Sis Pryor first encourage me to blog, I was very apprehensive but I said to her: I'm gonna do it, actually I'll have two blogs. Come to find out, you do and many others people do too. And I thought I was a little ... well, you know ...

God bless you and your family.