Thursday, January 29, 2009

A LIL' BIT - And a whole lot with it!



This was too cute not to tell you. Naomi, three years old, was telling us her name. "Daddy calls me Naomi O My. Mommy calls me Mimi. My Grandma calls me Eva Naomi, Tati calls me Pumpkin and Baby, Tonton and Nancy call me Mimi, and Grandmaman (that's me) calls me Naomi Lil' Bit".
Naomi Lil' Bit? "Yes, Naomi Lil' Bit".

I thought about it and couldn't figure out what she was really saying, even though the words were clear. Naomi Lil' Bit? What does it mean?

Well, it is the sweetest thing. When she gives me a hug, I always say "Hey Naomi, you lil' bitty one" - Yes! Naomi lil' bit!
Of all the things children say, this is a little bit of Heaven to me. I love it!

She will always be Naomi Lil' Bit, my precious little grand daughter.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naomi, she's just lovely :-)

Pierre R. Chantelois

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Pierre.

Mark Pryor said...

She's a cutie.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Cute and sharp!

Karen J. Hopper said...

How sweet. Grandbabies have a way of melting our heart through words and actions.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hi Karen,
I am completely taken by my grandchildren, and it's alright. I melted when my children were babies, and I love this second time around !

Just a thought said...

I loved my children, I loved +1 my grand-children but those new little great-grand babies. Now there is something that melts the heart of a grouchy old man.

Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I'm afraid I started a little late to be sure of great-grand-children Mervi. But I agree with you, little ones, (right along with puppies and kittens), can melt your heart and bring a grin in a worst day!

Carol Connell said...

You have a beautiful granddaughter with lots of fun nicknames. I hope you continue to enjoy every minute of her.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Bonjour Carol,

My name was always Catherine, except for my Favorite uncle who called me "little Catherine" in his dialect - Catrinala. I just thought of the similarity!
I would spend time with her everyday if could, they grow up too fast.
Have a great day in the Lord. Et à bientôt.

GT said...

Bro Wilkins just preached at our church last night. He said that although the french language is the 2nd most spoken there are only 50 people who are preaching the Acts 2:38 meesage in that language.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Graceful Threads,

Thank you for this tremendous boost!!! Frankly it is astonishing to me... I am now looking straight in the face of the task at hand, some would say opposition, yes, but His Word will not return void. Hearing the Truth demands choice, and it's between the hearer and the Master.
God has been gracious to me and allow me to speak Acts 2:38 to most of my relatives in France.
It has been my desire to reach someone and lead them. Last year, a commentator on my blog enquired much. The whole family came to visit from Europe near me. Prayer was made for them to visit a church. Upon return to France, a decision was made and the Scriptures rejected. I feel a boldness like never before! God use me! Let me be another voice!

God bless you.